Thursday, March 18, 2010

32 Weeks Along

Today marks 32 weeks into my pregnancy – 7 months completed. Its getting down to the wire now. I cant even believe it – so excited yet so nervous. A few things have happened over the lasts few weeks– one is our awesome “friends shower” that Kellie & BriAnne threw for us. Thank you to all who attended. We have such great friends and got some great gifts for little man. Well I guess I should let you all know, instead of continuing to always call him little man, that we have decided on the name Jackson Alexander. Brent and I have always loved Jackson for a first name and Alexander is Bob (my father in law) and Brent’s middle name. So we thought the two names went quite well together. Plus I think Jack for short sounds just so cute. :)

So last week I had to take the 3 hour glucose test after I failed my 1 hour test to test for diabetes. Well needless to say I failed my 3 hour test as well. So they have diagnosed me with gestational diabetes. I will admit, I was EXTREMELY disappointed and have been really down on myself this last week. I mean hearing this after months of eating rather healthy and exercising consistently, I couldn’t understand what I was still doing wrong. But after going to the class today to talk about GD, I found that it was nothing that I did wrong. Its just my hormones and how my body is reacting to the pregnancy. I am feeling somewhat better about the whole thing now. The hardest part for me now is having to eat 3 full meals plus 3 snacks a day, plus having to test my blood sugar 4 times a day, which means having to prick my finger. OUCH!! :) Like Brent said, I only have roughly 8 more weeks left of it. Thank GOODNESS.

Below are some pictures from our “Babywood” shower. Thanx Mel for taking the pictures :)

How far along: 32 Weeks Today

Total weight gain/loss: still 18 lbs as of Tuesday.

Maternity clothes: Maternity pants (but starting to get tighter) and regular shirts.

Stretch marks: Still no visible sign.

Sleep: Whats sleep?

Best moment this week: My 2 week appointment - letting me know that I am moving right along.

Gender: BOY!

Movement: He's all over the place.

Belly button in or out?: Still in!

Craving: Sweets as always.

What I miss: Being able to have a girl scout cookie or a bowl of ice cream when I want one. :(

What I am looking forward to: Heading out to Palm Desert for the weekend.











No comments:

Post a Comment