Wednesday, March 31, 2010

44 Days Left

Today marks 33 weeks and 6 days into my pregnancy. Still so much to be done. I started washing sheets, clothes, burp blankets and anything Jackson will be touching. I have finished purchasing the oh not so pleasant stuff I will need after he arrives for my recovery. We have put together all the furniture, now just need to start putting pictures on the walls of the nursery. When it is finally done, I will post pictures.

As far as the gestational diabetes, that is going ok. I still complain about it at times and get frustrated. My fingers are numb from having to prick myself 4 times a day, but all in all it is going good. I had a doctors appointment yesterday and my doctor looked at my food log. Carbs definitely make my numbers spike more (oh how i love carbs) but that I seem to be controlling it well by eating everything I am supposed to be and in moderation. The constant exercising is helping as well. Last Saturday night we went to a friends house and they made enchiladas and rice, I didnt care about my numbers and ate as much as I wanted too. My doctor said that was ok to splurge every now and then. And boy I did splurge, I almost needed to be rolled out of the house. I have had a VERY smooth pregnancy so far, so if this is all that is wrong, then its not so bad.

I did ask the doctor if she had to make an estimated guess on how much little Jackson weighs right now, she said her guess would be roughly about 5 lbs. I said WHAT? Are you kidding? From this point on baby will gain an average of 1/2 a lb a week and I have 6 weeks left so that would put me at an 8 lb baby. I asked if baby and I needed to go on a diet. She said there is nothing that I have done wrong, that I have hardly gained any weight to begin with. That 8 lbs is almost average these days. I didnt think someone of my size could push an 8 lb baby out. Apparently it can happen. This just makes me more and more nervous about the day. Here is where I am at to date......

How far along: 33 weeks and 6 days

Total weight gain/loss: up 21 pounds

Maternity clothes: Maternity pants (but starting to get tighter) and regular shirts.

Stretch marks: Still no visible sign.

Sleep: Sleep hasnt been to bad the last week.

Best moment this week: My appointment yesterday that everything looks great.

Gender: BOY!

Movement: Still all over the place.

Belly button in or out?: Suddenly popped out!

Craving: A BIG bowl of pasta and endless salad and breadsticks from Olive Garden.

What I miss: Being able to get out of bed without having to actually roll out of bed.

What I am looking forward to: Easter Sunday Brunch - you can bet it will be a splurge day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment