Today marks 36 weeks into my pregnancy. They say its coming down to the wire when everyone starts asking you if you have popped yet - that is starting to happen. Brent and I are trying to get all the last minute stuff ready, talking with our new pediatrician, last minute shopping and setting up nursery. This Saturday is my last baby shower. I told Brent that Sunday we will be at Babies R Us all day picking up the last minute goods and putting all the stuff together. He was super excited to hear that....NOT!!! I am now going to the doctors once a week for checkups. No contractions yet but my doctor said I should start feeling them soon....Not sure what contractions are supposed to feel like, but everyone says I will know. I took a slight fall yesterday trying to chase after Koda. It was a gut instinct for some reason to go after him. I tripped and fell flat on my stomach. I am ok but my body is sore and was really shaken up and mad at myself for trying to do something so stupid. I have felt more and more clumsy these last few weeks - Brent has noticed it too and makes fun of me at times. It gets me really emotional that I am this way. I know its just the hormones though and in 4 weeks or less it will be over.
The fear is starting to set in for me as far as labor - who, what, when, where and how it will all happen. My plan is to labor at home as long as possible and to go as long as possible without pain meds, so I am not confined to the bed - NOT med free though. I have no idea of my pain tolerance so we will see how long I last exactly. The anticipation is setting in too. I cant wait to meet Jackson. Who is he going to look like, how big will he be, will he have hair. All of this thinking is what keeps me up all night and why I cant sleep.
Tomorrow I go in for another ultrasound to see how he is cooking and to see approx how big he is going to be. Its been since week 18 that we have seen him so I am excited for that.
How far along: 36 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: up 22 pounds
Maternity clothes: Maternity pants (but starting to get tighter) and regular shirts.
Stretch marks: Surprisingly, still no visible sign. I have a feeling they are going to creep up in the last few weeks.
Sleep: Still up at all hours of the night.
Best moment this week: Another week of him still cooking.
Gender: BOY!
Movement: All over!
Belly button in or out?: OUT!
Craving: Chocolate Cake
What I miss: Feeling like my normal self.
What I am looking forward to: Seeing Jackson on the screen tomorrow, my shower this weekend and CAKE!! :)
Thursday, April 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment